An exceptional World leading company that manufacture scientific instruments are looking out for an ambitious Manufacturing Engineer, to identify and drive process improvement initiative using Lean Manufacturing principles. You will be able to identify cost saving procedures during concept design stages, through to end production by implementing Lean methodologies.
The global organisation offer exceptional benefits and always aim to embrace, and encourage employees to achieve their greatest potential which is backed by professional career development and training.
Your typical day as a Manufacturing Engineer:
- Champion shop floor Six Sigma programs and initiatives. Establish and implement Six Sigma standards throughout the production facility and drive compliance and adherence to industry standards.
- Provide support and mentoring on six sigma to Team Leaders.
- Ensure New Product Introductions (NPI) & Engineering changes are implemented effectively and both technology & processes are repeatable.
- Promote a Continuous Improvement culture through training and coaching of cross functional teams on process improvement techniques.
- Design shop floor layouts to support NPI / NPD & process re-engineering of existing technology.
- Advanced knowledge of Lean tools and techniques such as: Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban and 5S.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality Management System, Project Management techniques, design processes (DFx), New Product Introduction and Lifecycle Management.
- A degree/HND in Manufacturing/Production/Industrial Engineering or relevant equivalent experience would be highly advantageous.
- A proven track record of delivering positive cost, quality and performance results.
Along with an exceptional salary, the company offers the following benefits: Child Care Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, Dental Insurance Cover, Flexible Working Hours, Free Onsite Parking, Health Checks, 25 Days Holiday, Private Medical Insurance, State Pension Scheme, Sick Pay and many more.
The successful Manufacturing Engineer will go through a two stage interview process with dates already set for late January and early February. You will need to demonstrate Manufacturing improvements and validate what your role was within the improvement process.
If you're a Manufacturing Engineer looking to take your career to the next level, then please send MARS Recruitment a copy of your CV.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).