Senior Corporate Communications Manager
My client is an American media group owner which operates primarily across cinema and cable television. They are looking for a Senior Communications Manager to join the London team.
It is currently the world's sixth largest broadcasting and cable company in terms of revenue. The company operates approximately 170 networks, reaching approximately 700 million subscribers in approximately 160 countries.
The Senior Manager will lead corporate communications activity and media relations for the brand in the UK. The role will lead corporate communications for the brands pay brands in the UK and support corporate communications for a large channel within the group.
Key responsibilities of the role will include;
- Lead UK media relations, developing contacts with relevant trade and B2B media to proactively deliver corporate profile.
- Lead corporate communications (excluding internal) for the brands pay brands in the UK, including corporate profile opportunities for key executives including local brand leads.
- Line-manage the Senior Communications Executive and oversee: liaison with key senior executives; delivery of a regular feed of news stories for external purposes; drafting of relevant talking points, Q&A and presentations as required.
- Maintain a corporate communications diary to forward plan corporate communications activity and co-ordinate across brands.
- Lead on issues management, working with the brand PR teams.
- Lead on crisis management for the brands events based in the UK.
What you need;
- Proven record of corporate communications experience in related field, including senior executive counsel.
- Very strong written communications skills; experience of drafting messaging, press releases, comment, presentations.
- Strong contacts with relevant media.
- Track record of leading on issues and crisis management, particularly relating to content
- Knowledge of media/entertainment and broadcast industry issues.
- Passion for the brand
For more information get in touch on