2 days left
- Full Time
Web Editor (1 Year Temp) - Basingstoke - £20,000-£25,000
I am currently recruiting for a large corporate organisation based in Basingstoke for a Web Editor on a 1 year temp contract.
The ideal candidate should come from a project management or digital content background, an understanding of SEO and writing for the web and CMS experience.
A creative and task-driven Web Editor is required for an initial one year contract working for the world's largest entertainment company in a fast-paced digital environment.
Outstanding written and verbal communication, copywriting, proofreading and editing skills are essential, while basic image editing skills are also required. Experience with WordPress and basic HTML is advantageous.
The successful candidate must be a task-focussed individual, who can work on a high volume of CMS content production tasks - tasks that can range from volume CMS data entry to content editing.
The Web Editor will report into the Digital Content Manager and will sit alongside a Digital Content Specialist and Digital Content Executive as part of the wider Central Digital team, responsible for delivering first-class, error-free global marketing content to 13 worldwide sales regions.
They will be instrumental in supporting the Digital Content Manager on the production, delivery and execution of content for a new global website. They will ensure that relevant global content is uploaded, edited, published and project-managed through to go-live, and that global translations are retrieved and published within deadline.
The Web Editor will work closely with regional representatives, European counterparts and publishing and translation agencies. They must be able to liaise comfortably and confidently with important business stakeholders.
This role is very task-focussed, offers great exposure to management of production and for a wide variety of digital content projects.
- Ensure digital content is sourced, created, produced, translated and published to the required quality and timescales
- Support the Digital Content Manager in the maintenance and development of the site architecture to serve content requirements
- Ensure that relevant European and global content is project-managed through to go-live, and that European and/or global translations are retrieved and published within deadline
- Liaise comfortably and confidently with important business stakeholders
- Ensure digital content assets (including text, video and rich media assets) are produced, project managed and published to the required quality and timescales
- Plan and organise the content production schedule and the associated resources in order to implement online projects in a timely manner
- Ensure all online content is compliant with editorial policy and exhibits SEO best practice
- Allocate tasks to additional content contributors
- Ensure the appropriate feedback is incorporated into digital content and approval processes are followed
- Liaise, and act as point of contact, with business and country teams for implementation of locally-activated content
- Manage the relationship with and performance of outsourced writing and publishing resources
- Design and lay-out specialist/complicated content using company content management systems
- Monitor the performance of digital content and make recommendations for improving effectiveness of content and site design
- Two (or more) year's project management or digital content experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of SEO and writing for the web
- English, Journalism, Marketing or Digital Media degree preferred
- CMS experience advantageous
- Any proven writing samples, blog contributions, freelance submissions or examples of passion for writing or digital advantageous
- Willingness to travel