Commercial Manager (Procurement)
3 days left
- Full Time
Commercial Manager (based Sudbury, Suffolk)
Package: Basic salary £30,000-£40,000 (on experience) plus Bonus & Benefits
Are you an experienced procurement/purchasing professional who would be keen to progress into a more 'rounded’ management role? Perhaps you’ve always fancied combining your purchasing expertise with sales management? If the answer is yes then this could really be for you…
Macfarlane Group PLC is the UK’s largest packaging distributor and we are in a rare position of being able to appoint to a senior role, seeking a talented individual to take charge of our purchasing and internal sales function at our site based in Sudbury. As a business, we are passionate about providing fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions through outstanding customer service. Enjoying consistent year on year growth, as a Group we are continuing to grow significantly and always keen to attract aspirational new members to our management team.
We are urgently seeking to appoint an experienced procurement professional based out of our Sudbury site. The role will be reporting to the Regional Business Manager. As Commercial Manager you will be responsible for managing a small team, consisting of on-site buyers, a stock controller and a small team of internal sales coordinators who manage and develop customer accounts in fulfilling and processing sales orders.
- Managing the full purchasing and internal sales team; Setting targets & objectives, completing Performance and Development Assessments, providing opportunities for development and coaching
- To manage and develop the centre’s supplier base to deliver maximum service for lowest cost, this whilst monitoring quality and service levels regularly.
- Liaise with Category Manager and Divisional Procurement Manager to ensure site strategy reflects that of the Company.
- Ensure effective utilisation of company CRM to follow up all sales leads, enquiries and quotations.
- Complete relevant reports to required timescales, in order to monitor sales input, invoicing and margin. Identifying and taking action as appropriate.
- Develop awareness of the profit implication of stock holding costs, including redundant and damaged stock.
- Ensure a high level of sales administration in a timely and efficient manner, utilising the relevant systems
- Develop existing accounts, seeking and taking opportunities to up sell across the product portfolio.
- Work in partnership with the Logistic and Warehouse team to ensure delivery dates/times are achieved and optimise stock holding volumes
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of all packaging solutions, sharing knowledge with other colleagues.
- Able to deputise in the absence of the Regional Business Manager
- Generally assist ion the smooth running of the Regional Distribution centre
- Work within the Company’s ISO9001 and ISO14001 policies.
Do you have the correct profile?
In order to apply for this role you must firstly be able to demonstrate a credible career to date within purchasing/procurement, either at buyer level or above. You will be motivated by the prospect of developing your career by assuming a more 'rounded’ role whereby managing a team and/or having involvement with internal sales. Prior experience of any team management or cross-over into internal sales team management would of course be advantageous, as would CIPS accreditation or a desire to pursue CIPS qualifications.
In return we offer a competitive basic salary along with an incentive scheme. We additionally offer a flexible benefits system incorporating the following: Up to 33 days annual leave (*includes bank holidays and service increase after five years), holiday purchasing scheme, health scheme, contributory pension, childcare vouchers & employee discount scheme.
How to apply/next steps
We shall be running our recruitment process in coming weeks to find the best available individual with a view to the successful candidate joining us ASAP. To make an application please simply click 'apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can expect to hear back from us within five working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.