Special Process Engineer - Heat Treatment & Metallurgy
4 days left
- Full Time
We have received details of an excellent opportunity available with a leading manufacturer of aerospace components.
The position of Special Process Engineer - Heat Treatment & Metallurgy is responsible for the technical ownership of all heat treatment and metallurgical processes. This includes responsibility for all aspects of process & machine qualification, approvals/ accreditations, engineering support, and Operator qualification.
The role requires a professional able to demonstrate creative, analytical and developmental thinking with a process-focussed approach. You will possess qualifications and experience in aerospace manufacturing. Your metallurgy experience should pertain to aluminium, titanium, and nickel-based alloys.
You will be able to demonstrate effective communication skills at all levels, exhibit enthusiasm, team cooperation and a positive outlook. A thorough understanding of the technology and manufacturing concepts involved is required, as is the ability to prioritise.
Main purpose of job
- Serve as Heat Treatment Process Owner & Metallurgist
- Ensure compliance to Nadcap AC7102 series of requirements and serve as Nadcap HT Audit Contact
- Ensure technical compliance to customer welding specifications and maintain customer approvals
- Drive all pyrometry activities to ensure compliance with AMS2750E and customer requirements.
- Serve as point of knowledge for coordinating SAT, TUS, and radiation survey requirements.
- Evaluate processes and implement improvements to drive efficiencies via a shared common-process approach
- Contribute to the company's quality, cost & delivery targets
- Create/maintain all shop floor instructions/documentation, e.g. data sheets, procedures, etc.
- Create/Implement problem resolution and development plans to address longstanding production issues
- Support Quality in the closure of process-related NCRs.
- Define specific time-based CI project plans with measureable objectives
- Ensure that 'best practice' engineering and production techniques are used.
- Implement continuous improvement activities
- Demonstrate strong root cause analysis and problem solving techniques for Special Processes accreditation audits.
- Document the progress of projects & provide regular up-dates to the team
- Undertake special projects as requested.
- Educated to HNC/HND or Degree Level Engineer/ Metallurgist required
- Aerospace Experience Required
- Experience with AMS2750 pyrometry required
- Knowledge of Nadcap requirements (AC7102 series) required
- Previous Nadcap audit experience required
- Familiarity with customer heat treatment specifications, e.g. RPS654 & Pr-011.
- Be organized, able to prioritize work effectively, and to work well under pressure.
- Problem-solving experience in aerospace special processes preferred
- Additional special processes experience (e.g. chemical processing, MTL, NDT, etc.) desirable