Commercial Operations Finance Assistant
7 days left
- Full Time
An opportunity has arisen within a well-known media organisation for an experienced finance individual to partner the advertising and commercial divisions. The business has some established brands under its banner and requires a commercially focused finance person with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This role will be sat with these teams, reporting into the Commercial Manager and submitting accounts into the Financial Controller. Your role will cover the accounting, including costs and sales along with analysis, sales reporting and prepare the management accounts for the division..
This is a great position for someone who has assisted with producing management accounts to trial balance, accruals, prepayments and VAT but who also loves analysing numbers. You will need to have excellent Excel skills and be happy to work independently from the finance team.
- Prepare monthly management accounts for the Digital & Commercial departments to include: accruals & prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations and detailed commentary on variances;
- Prepare of monthly management reports;
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets;
- Prepare regular forecasts for supporting schedules;
- Liaise with auditors;
- Analyse revenue and profit performance to provide insight into the business that will help develop and exploit further commercial deals;
- Manage the incoming invoices for the advertising departments, ensuring coding and authorisation;
- Manage the billing arrangements with accounts receivable team;
- Liaise with AP to ensure relevant invoices are processed and paid on time;
- Provide both management and sales teams with reports relating to activities within the department.
- Strong accounting skills with experience of assisting with preparation of management accounts and strong ledgers knowledge;
- Experience ideally gained within a media or relevant department;
- Strong working knowledge of Excel;
- Strong Communication & Interpersonal skills with the ability to build excellent working relationships;
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight timeframes;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and not afraid of hard work.