Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purchase Ledger Clerk
£18,000 -24,000 Depending on Experience
Full Time, Temporary to Permanent Position!
Dynamite Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join one of our top clients based in Portsmouth. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to become part of an experienced and loyal team.
The main aspect of the role will be to provide general and comprehensive administrative purchase ledger support to the finance team, helping to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Ensure invoices received are logged onto the system appropriately
- Input invoices onto the system correctly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Obtain approval for all invoices from appropriate members of staff.
- Assist with notifying suppliers of queries and requesting credit notes.
- Posting purchase receipts into the correct month that items were received.
- Match purchase invoices to purchase orders where necessary.
- Reconciling supplier statements to their supplier account, requesting copy invoices as needed.
- Provide back-up to the Purchase Ledger Controller in making BACS payments by preparing the payment run, obtaining authorisation from the Financial Controller and uploading the BACS file to the bank upon authorisation.
- Assist in making Company credit card payments, obtaining authorisation from the Financial Controller or Financial Director.
- Support with processing staff expenses, ensuring all relevant receipts are attached and all expense forms are signed and approved by the relevant line managers.
- Assist with processing the Company credit card processing and reconciliation.
- Set up supplier accounts applications
- Complete invoice filing in a timely manner.
- Use the franking machine to send out the Company's outgoing mail, making sure it is the correct price and taken to reception in a timely manner.
- Help to open, date stamp and distribute the Company's incoming mail.
- Provide administrative support, and carry out any other ad-hoc tasks to support the Finance team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience within a similar position
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Approachable and enthusiastic
- Organised and methodical
This role will interview and commence almost immediately so please only apply if you have little or no notice period!!
Please contact Leanne Storey at Dynamite Recruitment for more details or apply now!!!!Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.