4 days left
- Full Time
Aston Barclay is the UK’s third largest car auction company currently operating from four highly success sites around the UK.
Due to rapid growth and increased demand on the finance team, Aston Barclay are introducing a new role of Commercial Accountant to help boost its capabilities.
- Production of weekly and monthly reporting to a gross profit level
- Production of commentary on reports and investigation of any unexpected items
- Maintaining standard costing model and updating monthly
- Partnering with operational managers to ensure rebates are accrued accurately
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for the wider operations teams as required
- Monitoring and reporting of auction debtors and creditors
- Assisting with financial modelling
- Working with developers to help maintain and improve financial systems
- Providing support and training to branch finance teams as required
- Any other ad-hoc duties and required by the business
The role would suit either recently qualified or part-qualified accountant with experience of management accounting, control accounts and standard costing.
Essential skills include:
- Production of detailed management accounts and analysis
- Standard costing
- Moderately advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and queries
- Ability to flex to tight deadlines
Desired skills include:
- Basic SQL query reporting
- Experience of financial system installation or development
- Financial modelling
Due to the unique nature of Aston Barclay’s business, direct experience with car auctions is not required, however some exposure to related industries is desirable.
- Based in Chelmsford office
- Reporting to Group Financial Controller
- Occasional site visits required
- £30,000 to £40,000 dependant on experience