Head of Finance
4 days left
- Full Time
Seeking a Head of Finance to lead the Finance function and ensure robust and sound financial management of the Company’s assets. You will also be expected to improve and maintain financial control, to support the growth of the business by providing timely, accurate and appropriate financial information to support its ongoing development, and to bring any important financial related matters to the attention of the CEO and the Board
About The Role
- Actively contribute to define, plan and execute the strategic agenda to create long term business value
- Have responsibility for underpinning world class financial management and information
- Support the CEO in driving revenues and margins in the further development of the business
- Build and lead a high performance finance function to a public company reporting standards. Through strong leadership, enable the team to support key business decisions with "first class" financial data
- Provide detailed financial planning for the future growth
- Ensure that financial systems are appropriate to the scale and complexity of the business and continue to develop accurate and timely information
- Maintain the highest standards of compliance and financial control
- Lead and drive strong risk management within the function and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Development a culture of understanding and robust management of the regulatory requirements within the businesses.
- To ensure the business and employees implement and abide by all legal and regulatory requirement including FCA compliance
- Accountable for financial matters which includes but not limited to Accounting, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Financial Analytics, Taxes, Treasury, Internal Audit and Management Reporting
- Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures to ensure that results are reported appropriately and on a timely basis.
- Manage the external audit relationship including a periodic tender process.
About Our Client
A leading luxury retail finance company
- Qualified accountant with ACA, ACCA or CIMA accreditation
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification practical accounting experience in Retail or Financial Services sectors
- Proven track record of delivering stretching targets, able to drive business improvement through rigorous analysis and interpretation of the numbers
- Good business acumen with up to date knowledge of best practice and in-depth understanding of the IFRS accounting standards and FCA rules for consumer lending
- Experience working in a retail financial services environment in a role of senior finance business partner, within a medium or large organisation
Things You Should Know
Performance related bonus, 25 days holiday, share option, car allowance
Commutable from: Bagshot, Bracknell, Camberley, Chertsey, Cobham, Cranleigh, Crawley, Dorking, Epsom, Esher, Farnborough, Farnham, Feltham, Frimley, Gatwick, Godalming, Guildford, Horsham, Kingston, Leatherhead, Lightwater, London, Maidenhead, Portsmouth, Reading, Redhill, Reigate, Southampton, Staines, Sunbury, Walton, West Byfleet, Weybridge, Windsor, Woking, and Wokingham.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)