Accounts Senior - Top Practice Firm, West London (to £40,000)
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a highly respected Accountancy Firm who are looking to recruit a Client Accountant / Accounts Senior to join their growing Client Services team in West London. Managing a portfolio of small and medium-sized businesses, this is a fantastic opportunity to use your experience and skills towards achieving a Client Manager role in the near future. Key duties include:
- Managing and developing a portfolio of clients including budgeting and billing, and attending a small number of prospect meetings
- Providing advice to clients on various matters from changes in accounting/payroll legislation to systems-related projects
- Assisting with business development activities to attract new clients
- Liaising with other colleagues to ensure all client work is completed accurately, within budget and on time
- Dealing with client questions, concerns and monitoring profitability of each assignment
- Overseeing a team of junior staff to deliver Accountancy services to clients
- Leading end of year account review meetings with clients
- Agreeing fees for Account/Tax/Value Added Work (e.g. HMRC enquiries) with clients and arranging collection of fees
- Implementing Client Relationship Strategies and client referral Strategies
You should ideally come from a small/medium Practice background with at least 5 years expertise in the profession, and the role is typically 80% Accounts and 20% Audit so some audit experience is required. You will have exposure to a diverse industry base from consultants, medical practitioners, restaurants, haulage and distribution, entertainment, film and television, engineering, etc.
To be considered for the role you should be seeking a firm where wider responsibilities, personal ownership and a broader client base will be made available to you, and knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and computerised accounting packages (ideally IRIS and Xero) would be an advantage. With experience in client portfolio management, preparing full accounts, tax computations etc you should be able to meet client and HMRC deadlines, work within a fast-paced environment and manage a close-knit team. Experience is more important than qualifications for this position, the company are therefore happy to consider Qualified or Part-Qualified ACA/ACCA Accountants or those Qualified By Experience.
On offer is a salary up to £40,000 + excellent benefits including 20 days holiday, pension & healthcare schemes, flexi-hours and free car parking. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.