Head Miller Ops./Prod. Team Leader
7 days left
- Full Time
Head Miller (Operations/Production Team Leader)
Location: Tilbury Docks
Salary: Circa £38,000 + Benefits
Employment type: Permanent
This is a seriously awesome opportunity to join one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers. I’m delighted to be partnering my Client in their efforts to search for a driven individual to join their skilled team. For over 100 years, my Client has transformed arable crops into innovative products for use in the manufacture of food products, animal feed, chemicals and the generation of energy/power.
As the Head Miller you will essentially be working as an Operation/Production Team Leader. You will be part of the site management team and will be required to plan, control and coordinate all production and warehouse operations at least cost, consistent with quality and food safety demands and provide additional resource as and when required within operations on site. You will also be required to participate in the call out support roster on site.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the main responsibilities of this role include:
- To manage and motivate production and warehouse staff including training them in accordance with the job and company requirements and carrying out annual performance appraisals.
- Work within the companies Safety and Health guidelines and promote the companies Safety and Health policy, VBS and ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Managing Mill and Warehouse Performance including continual operational improvement and innovation.
- Liaise effectively with other departments to ensure that planned maintenance is carried out efficiently.
- Monitor and report Mill and Warehouse efficiencies against KPI’s
- Strict financial control of all production costs.( labour, energy and operations sundries)
- Ensure excellent stock control and reconciliation within all aspects of the operation.
- Ensure quality and consistency of finished products, including maintenance of site hygiene standards, and liaise with the Compliance Manager on matters of Food safety, Quality and Hygiene by playing an active role as a member of the site HACCP team.
- Ideally you will already have experience in milling (flour, rice or semolina), however experience from other process manufacturing environments such as food, brewery, dairy, pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing will be given serious consideration.
- You will have been trained in HACCP and IPM and holders of an advanced NABIM qualification will be at a distinct advantage.
- You will have superb people management skills and be computer literate with a good understanding of business management systems inclusive of WMS systems.
- You will have excellent problem solving abilities to analyse situations objectively and reach logical solutions
- You will have effective oral and written communication with both colleagues and external customers
- Other relevant competencies include: teamwork, reliability, decision making, ability to build relationships, performance and results focused.
An immediate career start date is available for the right candidate so if you’re currently on the job market and looking for a serious challenge within a fast paced Process/Production environment, what are you waiting for???? PICK UP YOUR PHONE AND CALL ME, Chris Errington on: OR for an initial confidential career discussion. Alternatively click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
Seriously Connected Ltd., confirm that our Independent Recruitment Specialist’s client has instructed us that the position advertised herein is of a permanent nature. All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Our Independent Recruitment Specialists cannot enter into discussions or offer assistance regarding sponsorship. Due to high volumes of applications in some instances our Independent Recruitment Specialists are unable to respond with individual feedback. Therefore, if you have not been contacted within five working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. Our Independent Recruitment Specialists may however retain your details for future consideration against other roles they are engaged to work on by their clients.