Senior Highways Technician
Job title: Senior Highways Technician
Salary: £28K - £35K
For the successful candidate, you will be assigned to a dedicated team whose main work is developing preliminary and detailed designs for major national highway schemes and local authority transport improvements, both in the UK and overseas.
1. Working as part of an engineering team to ensure teamwork and delivery. Their personal contribution making them technically competent with the awareness of issues around highways projects.
2. Support the preparation of designs in accordance with DMRB
3. Prepare drawings in CAD
4. Interrogating and reporting MX models
5. Carry out site inspections and surveys
6. Deliver projects to programme and budget.
7. Manage workload and resources proactively to ensure resources are fully utilised.
8. Manage and report on project delivery through presentations and reports.
9. Grow the team's strength through supporting development of individuals and assisting in recruitment.
10. Improve technical excellence, through training, mentoring, project reviews and knowledge sharing
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
1. A levels (or equivalent) and progressing towards ONC or equivalent in an Engineering related subject(s),
2. Proven knowledge in Design of Highways related projects including in particular
3. Feasibility Studies
4. Preliminary and Detailed Design
5. Highway Maintenance
6. Proven knowledge of Design Manual and Manual of Contract Documents for Highways.
7. Financial awareness and commercial acumen to manage the costs on highways related projects to provide best value for clients
8. Enthusiasm to learn and work in a team environment is essential
9. A full and clean drives licence required
10. Be able to work under own initiative to achieve targets and meet deadlines
11. Computer literate (MS Office, structural analysis software)
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.