Assistant Quantity Surveyor - London
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
£40,000+ depending on Salary
We are currently seeking to recruit a permanent Assistant QS for various large projects around London.
My client are a big believer in nurturing and training people early in order to get the best out of people. They are looking to bring on an Assistant QS who can grow within the company.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Prepare and dispatch tender packages to subcontractors
- Set up job files and all necessary records
- Collate subcontractor tenders and in consultation with the Contracts Manager, award subcontracts
- In conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, check and approve subcontractor claims for payment
- Liaise with subcontractors to resolve queries
- Assess and cost variations to contract
- Update and maintain records
- Assist with contract valuations
- Assist with monthly cost/value reconciliations
- In conjunction with the Senior Project Surveyor, submit and agree final accounts
- Predominantly office based but site visits will be required through South London or adjacent Home Counties
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Have a minimum 2 years demonstrated Retail or commercial/residential UK experience
- Have excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate
This is a unique position in terms of experience and development and it is an extremely fast paced environment.
To find out more please apply online and contact Jack at Coyles in Chelmsford.