Divisional Financial Controller - Heathrow (to £65,000)
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with one of the world’s most highly recognisable brands who have various autonomous divisions across the UK & Internationally, and are now looking to recruit a Divisional Financial Controller. You will be required to deliver robust financial controls and governance for the division, manage a small Finance team and provide advice on technical accounting matters, acting as the key senior contact for internal and external auditors. Key duties include:
• Managing the month end process, supporting the team and ensuring all deadlines are met
• Overseeing the production of all month end reports culminating in the Management Accounts.
• Improving the month end process and the quality of monthly Management Accounts.
• Reviewing divisional balance sheet reconciliations including production of Balance Sheet Reporting, in line with Group requirements
• Working with the FP&A Manager to understand month-end variances, ensuring stakeholders are informed and remedial action plans are in place
• Completing quarterly enhanced loan loss provision working with the third party provider Experian
• Completing bi-annual operating lease residual value adjustments in accordance with IAS16
• Ensuring all internal controls & procedures are documented and kept up to date
• Producing cost centre reporting packs, developing the interaction and man-marking process with cost centre managers
• Managing the year-end audit, attending planning meetings, owning the production of pre-audit information and liaising with external auditors
• Providing financial support to the General Manager and other members of senior management on ad-hoc projects as required
• Managing a team of three, ensuring process improvements to enhance efficiency and controls are implemented
• Attending monthly Divisional Management meetings to discuss performance and agree KPIs/SLAs for the team
• Ensuring compliance with SOX requirements to manage risk, and that all processes are documented correctly
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified Finance Manager/Controller (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), a proactive self-starter who has strong technical accounting (IFRS) skills and strong analytical and business support skills. You should be au-fait working at Director/Board level with high standards of accuracy and precision, and be someone who is able to present complex ideas to non-technical internal and external parties. You should be a logical thinker who can also challenge and influence at a senior level both internally and externally. For this position, experience within the Financial Sector is desirable, but not essential.
On offer is a base salary to £60,000 + car or car allowance (£6,000), up to 20% bonus, 25 days holiday, company pension and healthcare schemes, and other flexible benefits. To apply for the position, or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin @mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance / Accounting or HR Services within London and the Thames Valley region, please visit our website at http://www.mcginnisloy.com McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act