Sales Manager (Interior Design & Trade Department) - London
4 days left
- Full Time
My client is a successful high-end multi-channel retailer of beautiful, unique and affordable furniture and accessories for the home. Offering an entire range of products and an extensive mail order, online and trade business with thousands of customers throughout the UK and the world.
I am looking for an experienced Sales Manager to effectively lead and develop the sales and administration strategies and the day to day management of the Interior Design and Trade sales and administration teams in order to achieve company targets for growth and profitability within predetermined timeframes and operating costs.
*** Experience of running and managing sales teams is essential. You will have effective people management skills as you will be joining a well established team ***
The role will include:
- To help plan, implement and direct a clear sales, marketing and distribution strategy for both the Trade and Interior Design Departments in order to deliver the required growth of both.
- To regularly review and report performance against the strategy, recommending improvements as required
- To help create and own an annual budget and timely periodic reforecasts for both the Trade and Interior Design departments.
- To plan, monitor and deliver demand and banked sales figures and overhead spend to ensure that both departments achieve the required contribution and ROI
- To plan, manage, and launch seasonal ranges in the Trade and Interior Design markets within agreed timeframes and budgets.
- Develop marketing initiatives with the marketing team - events, communication (existing and new clients), design of printed material, on-line presence, inclusion in external publications & promotional messaging
- Attend events for Interior Design & Trade clients, network with clients, brand partners & suppliers.
- Increase client portfolio for both Interior Design &?Trade and strengthen client retention
- To analyse, report, recommend and action initiatives to improve sales performance
- To help manage the follow up of new client leads through to the profitable conversion of projects
- To liaise closely with the product development and merchandising departments to ensure the development and selection of appropriate product for Trade and Interior Design.
- To develop and maintain a strong administration system and relevant reporting and planning systems for the Trade and Interior Design business.
- To build up and maintain up to date information and knowledge of the markets, channels, customers and product requirements in order to present monthly, seasonal and ad hoc reports as required.
- To help manage the work flow of other non project based tasks, such as contributing to events, marketing activities, administrative procedures, networking & training
REPORTING & COMMUNICATION
- To produce and distribute weekly team report for ID & Trade - pipeline figures (incl. conversion rates), individual/area demand figures, pending quotes, replacement orders & department activity
- To produce and distribute weekly trading report - as above + significant project updates
- To gather designers’ weekly feedback and collate information taking action where required.
- To oversee the maintenance of all spreadsheets & logs for analysis
- To support the team where necessary by providing relevant guidance and solutions.
- To organise new starter inductions to ensure an appropriate introduction to the business.
- To maintain up to date training guides for the Trade and Interior Design teams.
- To complete annual appraisals to help the development of the team members.
- Oversee team planners & holiday requests .
- Ensure correct procedures are adhered for expenses and authorise expense forms
- To recruit, manage, motivate, develop and inform the sales and administration teams in order to achieve agreed objectives.
Salary & Benefits
£40,000 - £45,000