Senior Web Designer (UX / UI)
3 days left
- Full Time
Senior Web Designer (UX / UI): South West London (SW18 / SW19)
Salary: £40k-£50k DOE + benefits
As part of a drive to utilise and embrace the latest technologies our customer is seeking an experienced Web Designer to work on eCommerce projects. This role is a key position in the company and within the UX / UI division where the department will grow over the coming year; a great opportunity for your career development and growth. If you desire and aspire to you can be an important driver of this.
They are looking for somebody with very strong Web Design, HTML and CSS from either a high-volume websites or eCommerce background.
Very good mainline and underground connections.
Senior Web Designer (UX / UI) job description :
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Senior Web / UX-UI Designer who will work across all our customer facing products. In this role you will not just be expected to design, but to research and understand customer behaviour. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team with the goals of improving customer experience, maximising reach and optimising conversion; and closely with Marketing and Product and Commercial departments ensuring the products support the customer and business needs.
As a Senior Web / UX-UI Designer you:
- Are comfortable with each part of the design process, from research to exceptional UI design through to shipping production code
- Are self-driven, work collaboratively and enjoy solving challenging problems
- Handle the responsibility of defining the design direction of a team, and coaching and mentoring other designers
- Are well versed in designing for all platforms
- Are able to communicate your ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical people
- Work closely with the team to create exceptional features & products
- Understand and thrive in an environment that is based on customer data as opposed to a single person’s opinion
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Work with Front End Director and wider Front End team to define, refine and deliver a pipeline of features
- Design, develop and deliver high quality component and page level designs as well as end-to-end user journeys
- Provide low/high fidelity prototypes, using these to gather feedback (internally and externally) and iterate
- Use market and industry trends as well as keeping on top of the latest design technology / frameworks to drive the evolution of our products and user interactions
- Evangelise best practice, creativity and innovation across the team to deliver great work
- Take design leadership across our customer facing products, including consideration of how we can apply a consistent design and experience
- Work across multiple user groups to deliver excellent user experiences - whether those are pre or post booking, mobile apps or web
- Build out the UX function of the Front End team whether that is instilling a passion for UX in non-designers, or mentoring and coaching other designers
Experience for the role:
- Good experience of web design on high traffic online retail - eCommerce / retail / travel / holiday / consumer sites
- Thorough understanding of HTML / CSS and responsive / adaptive web design
- Knowledge of tools to quickly turn around mockups and designs (Photoshop, Fireworks)
- Experience of CSS preprocessors (Sass, Less) and automated task workflows (grunt/gulp)
- Prototyping / wireframing using Axure, Sketch, Invision, Balsamiq, etc
- Experience of AB testing / UX research for insight driven product development (not essential)
- Knowledge of JQuery, Bootstrap (not essential)
In return they can provide you with a competitive salary and an exciting future where you can help grow and shape the division and the customer experience.
Please email or call for further information on the role.
MacArthur Recruitment are recruitment consultancy and agency focussing on quality of delivery for all parties; your success is our success. Please visit our website atwww.macarthurrecruitment.co.uk for further details.