Based in Guildford
£18,000 - £21,000 DOE
Our client, one of the largest teams of lawyers in the South of the UK, are now looking for a Secretary to join their successful and progressive team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to get into the Legal sector and environment.
They pride themselves on their excellent communication with their clients and in offering a quality service at all times. Their client base ranges from individuals to families to globally wealthy families, trustees and charities.
About the Secretary
The job content will be 35 / 40 % typing and document production and 60 / 65 % administrative duties.
* Carry out management of post (internal and external), including replying and drafting replies to routine correspondence
* Opening new client and new matter files, drafting engagement letters
* Update contracts and client details
* Manage all filing activities, including opening new files, filing (including lawyer generated emails), on-line email filing, archiving and sending files for storage
* Organise all travel arrangements
* Managing emails
* Internet research on companies / clients / other law firms / biographies etc
* To provide cover on a rota basis for other secretaries during the lunch period.
* Keep the lawyer's diary up to date using Outlook
* Arrange internal and external meetings
* Provide comprehensive and timely word processing service for the creation, amendment of documents using Word, Excel, DeltaView and other relevant technology
* Ensuring documents returned to the lawyer accurately reflect original request before returning work.
* Prepare, collate, paginate, and index legal documents and bundles for the Home Office and Employment Tribunals.
* Preparation of bills and support of the billing process
* Payment of disbursements including Counsel fees.
* Maintaining the online filing (and paper filing) of knowhow for the whole department
Key Requirements of the Secretary
* Previous administration experience in a professional service environment
* Proven ability to be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
* Ability to show initiative and establish positive working relationships with colleagues
* Flexibility as you may be required to stay after hours to complete urgent work
* Excellent organisation and administration skills
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
* Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook
* Ability to work in a team environment and display a flexible and proactive attitude
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 16 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation.
We see each applicant as an individual and will treat you accordingly.
We would love to talk to you to give you more information about our client and discuss the role.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.