NHBC has a unique opportunity available for a Building Inspector to join the team. This is a home based position covering the Southampton, Eastleigh, Fair Oak, Winchester area. We are offering a salary of £31,000 - £38,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits.
We’re driven by our mission, not by profit, making NHBC a very positive place to work. We’re the UK market-leader when it comes to making sure that new homes are built to high standards and providing homebuyers with reassurance and protection.
The UK is seeing a significant increase in the number of new homes being built – we’re growing fast and the opportunities here are immense. Join us and we’ll guarantee constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment
What are the responsibilities of the Building Inspector?
To assist in improving the quality of new homes by ensuring compliance with NHBC Standards, Building Regulations and associated legislation by inspection of homes under construction and/or conversion. Working with site personnel to develop good customer relations and promote the objectives and services of the Company. Delivering a service to NHBC Building Control Services Ltd in accordance with the business area Service Level Agreement and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure customer and statutory requirements are met.
NHBC Building Inspector roles are home based and due to the nature of these roles, a full UK driving licence is essential.
What skills do I need to have to become a Building Inspector?
- Typically qualified to HNC, HND or NVQ 6 in a construction related discipline with relevant construction industry experience
- Associate membership of an appropriate recognised professional institute would be beneficial
- You are likely to have experience of the inspection of new homes, ideally this will have been within a supervisory / management / regulatory role
- You have the ability to make pragmatic and value decisions and be able to work with the minimum of supervision in line with established policies and procedures
- You can demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills and able to prepare detailed inspection reports
- Typical background for a Building Inspector could be Site Manager, Assistant Site Manager, Surveyor, Clerk of Works, Bricklayer, Carpenter or similar
We offer our Building Inspector a fantastic benefits package!
- £31,000 - £38,000 (depending on home postcode and including home worker allowance).
- 6% bonus.
- Company car.
- 25 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Funded private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
Click ‘apply’ today for the opportunity to join the UK’s leading independent standard-setting body and provider of warranty and insurance for new homes as our Building Inspector.
NHBC is committed to the promotion of Equal Opportunities in all fields.