3rd line support engineer 35k+benefits
5 days left
- Full Time
Our client based in north london/hertfordhsire borders provides a range of voice, video and data technologies to enable people to interact, engage and communicate with each other. They are now looking for a 3rd Line IT Support Engineer to join their passionate team.
Committed to investing in their employees, our client will provide you with ongoing training and support to gain valuable industry qualifications, making this the ideal role in which to realise your full potential.
As a 3rd Line IT Support Engineer, you will work as part of the 3rd Line Infrastructure IT Support Team running a key client’s infrastructure on a day-to-day basis.
Working and communicating closely with 1st and 2nd tier support, you will ensure open requests are dealt with in a timely manner.
You will integrate with other client teams, such as ATM Support and Development, to support business systems which depend on a functioning IT infrastructure.
Additionally, you will take part in meetings to steer decisions regarding infrastructure related projects and will provide advice on basic system architecture.
Interested? To be considered, you must have:
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 2008 R2, 2012 R2, MS Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, NTFS permissions, WSUS, WDS, IIS and On-Prem Exchange 2013 in a multiple domain environment
- Advanced knowledge of creating and maintaining SQL 2008 / 2012, including basic DBA duties
- Experience of monitoring server, network and telephony systems, utilising existing / new toolsets
- A working knowledge of McAfee security products including ePolicy Orchestrator, VSE, HIPS, Email Gateway and Web Gateway
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience in administering Cisco switches, routers, Wi-Fi APs and ASAs
- Understanding of Cisco IP telephony systems including Call Manager and Unity
As a 3rd Line IT Support Engineer, you must have excellent time-management and problem-solving skills. You must also be a strong communicator with a deadline-oriented approach and a team player mentality