Senior Authorised Person
Role description: Senior SAP/PM / Senior HV Engineer
* Industry: Renewable energy, ground mounted solar PV Operation and Maintenance (O&M), likely expansion into onshore wind HV services in 2017
o Role: Working from home our South east/west (opening Q1 2017)
* Start Date: Q1 2017
* Competitive salary
* Private health insurance
* Company bonus scheme
* Company pensions from Oct 2017
* A company vehicle will be provided for business use.
About the Company
My Client provides both head O&M and sub O&M services across a fast-growing portfolio of 160 megawatts (21 sites) of utility scale solar farms England, Scotland and Wales. They also provide interim O&M support, as well as pre-G59 / PAC / IAC / FAC assistance for EPCs. Active in UK O&M since 2011, we are now one of the country's top independent O&M providers, and have expectations for significant further growth in both market share and service offering during 2017.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HV Senior Authorised Person with the right experience to come on board to deliver and help grow their in-house HV operational services for large scale solar PV, and likely also HV services for onshore wind farms in 2017. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be helping manage our other experienced electricians, contractors and APs on site, including annual maintenance and performing corrective maintenance work. While based in the Milton Keynes office (opening Q1 2017), the role will involve travelling to our sites across the UK as well as to the company's other office(s) for regular coordination meetings with the team.
There is an opportunity for the right candidate to progress over time to a more senior management role, involving broader responsibilities within the company's technical operations and management of parts of the technical team.
* 10+ years of SAP-level High Voltage work experience, of which some experience if required in the solar and/or wind sectors.
* HV senior authorised up to 33kV at a minimum. Up to 132 kV or 400 kV would be of added benefit.
* Trained to Nationally Recognised qualifications in HV operational works, either with a DNO or through other routes
* Experience in managing operational staff
* C&G 2330 level 2/3 or equivalent
* C&G BS7671 17th edition
* Full clean driving license
* Willingness to travel flexibly
* Willingness to be available for out-of-hours on-call duties in line with company policy
* Health and Safety Management
* HV design
* Knowledge of ground mounted solar installations highly desirable
* Experience of HV for onshore wind also desirable
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following traits:
* Strong technical competencies
* Strong organisational abilities and ambitious approach to work
* Diligent & knowledgeable approach to Health and Safety
* A team player with an aptitude for leading and motivating teams
* Commercial awareness
PERFORMANCE INDICATORS SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Promote health & safety within the Company
* Profitability/Cash Position/Project Progress.
* Plans in place and resourced.
* Quality of relationships
* Risk exposure quantified and mitigated.
* Cross-functional relationships managed.
* Undertake technical inspections in line with the audit plan
* Ensure compliance with NERS requirements
* External best practice introduced
* Client Satisfaction * Seasoned professional with experience (5 - 10 years) in the relevant industry
* Experience of managing large projects
* Experience of managing substantial
resources (people, finance)
* Broad understanding of market sectors
in which the business unit operates
* Good business knowledge and
* Leadership skills
* Negotiation skills
DECISION MAKING BEHAVIOURS COMPETENCIES
* Accountable for generating and
directing commercially viable new work
* Impact of decisions affects business or market sector
* Able to make operational, financial and commercial decisions about work or project without reference.
* Management of Achievement Drive
* Possession of Commercial Initiative
* Able to build and Sustain Relationships
* Ability to Change Leadership
* Competent at Holding People Accountable
* Good at Developing Others
* To be Innovative
* Must be a Team Player