Buying / Purchasing Assistant, stylish gifts
6 days left
- Full Time
This creative company designs and develops gift and home products for leading retailers from John Lewis and Selfridges to hundreds of online shops and boutique high street stores.
They are looking for a self-motivated and driven individual to join our Purchasing team. The successful applicant will be working closely with suppliers and the design team to ensure that the products they develop are produced to spec, on-time and meet all requirements.
This is a fantastic position for someone keen to get in to buying / purchasing. It’s working for a great company, with lovely offices and who offer clear career progression.
Duties as Buying Assistant / Purchasing Assistant:
- Involvement at Product Development stage
- Liaising with suppliers to acquire all the information needed for ordering
- Negotiating prices, lead times, packaging and MOQs
- Checking product compliance
- Raising purchase orders in a timely manner and within budget.
- Checking and signing sales contracts
- Keeping the system up-to-date
- Liaise with suppliers for credits, stock discrepancies and fines
- Organise and maintain product samples
- Organising and coordinating with the different department to ensure the correct samples are sent to trade fairs
- Labelling samples and products at trade fairs
Requirements for this Buying / Purchasing Assistant position:
- Previous experience in purchasing and SAP knowledge would be ideal
- Manage time effectively, prioritising tasks and able to work to deadlines
- Work methodically and systematically with attention to detail under minimal supervision
- Act on initiative, identify opportunities and proactive in putting forward ideas and solutions
- Positive with a can do attitude
- Familiar with basic office procedures and clerical work
- Competent Microsoft office user. Word, Excel and Outlook in particular
To find out more about this Buying / Purchasing Assistant position please contact Lucy Earing and send your CV today!