Senior Planner Buyer
5 days left
- Full Time
Senior Planner Buyer based in London or Bath, salary from £26000 to £32000 + benefits.
Reporting to and supporting a Media Manager or Group Head, a Senior Planner/Buyer is the person responsible for planning and buying cost effective and innovative media plans across all specialist direct media, requiring a comprehensive knowledge of all channels plus adjustable skills in negotiation.
Responsibilities of Senior Planner Buyer
A Senior Planner / Buyer will be required to produce client presentations including campaign results, demonstrating an ability to utilise these for development of ongoing media strategies and further develop accounts to improve performance and efficiencies whilst also meeting the business objectives and themes. The Senior Planner/ Buyer will also have responsibilities in training and mentoring junior members of the Planning team for inductions, training sessions and exposure to working on different clients and media channels.
Development of strong client relationships is essential, preparing for and attending regular client meetings. A solid understanding of services are important to be able to talk to clients and identify the potential for developing accounts and support your client in achieving their business objectives.
A Senior Planner/Buyer will need to understand the company budget and forecast figures for their clients and ensure that all figures are accurate and kept up to date for at least 3 months in advance. All changes to forecasts should be documented and reviewed with a Group Head or Media Manager.
Senior Planner Buyer requirements
* Is able to make complex issues understandable
* Adapts dialogue to the level of knowledge of the audience
* Uses management information competently and acts on what it reveals
* Actively manages contracts / clients
Quality & Commitment
* A comprehensive and thorough knowledge of all relevant software/ systems relevant to the specific division (word, excel, PowerPoint, FOCUS, Forecasting, BRAD)
* Be aware of sources of competitor, industry and market research information; share reports with colleagues and clients
* Ability to produce mathematical formulae to assist in producing planning schedules and complex spreadsheets
* Is aware of all procedures within the ISO27001 requirements and 3rd party management
* Is knowledgeable on all regulations and policy surrounding data compliance and permissions
* Engenders strong team spirit where team members contribute and take ownership of work to meet deadlines and workloads
* Supports their Media Manager and/or Group Head in managing the team and company objectives
* Builds positive relationships with key suppliers to ensure best prices
* Where required by senior staff contributes to the preparation of annual budgets translates these into team plans and personal objectives
* Works in a collaborative manner supporting all team members to manage workloads and achieve personal targets
* Contributes to professional development of others