Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer
Highly competitive Basic Salary + Excellent Benefits
Today, LexisNexis is at the digital forefront, driving innovation by delivering authoritative content with cutting-edge technology and software tools, allowing our customers to quickly find the answers they are searching for.
Our Product and Technology team is embarking on an exciting journey of change. Commercially-minded and technology focused, you will innovate and redefine the way content is consumed by our progressive customers. Instrumental to the overall success of LexisNexis, these employees push boundaries to maintain our position as a market leader locally and internationally, while ensuring we remain at the forefront of developing innovative and impactful solutions and technologies.
The Senior UX Architect is responsible for designing the user experience for new products and enhancements.
He or she completes all steps in the product design process from conceptualization, detailed user interface, functional design, through implementation and usability review and provides leadership to other members of the User Experience team.
- Develop innovative user interface designs in response to marketing requirements, user analyses, product innovation, technology, and business needs.
- Develop conceptual models, personas, workflows, design prototypes, and user interface specifications.
- Assist product management in authoring product requirements documents.
- Present and explain complex concepts, designs and interaction models to a variety of audiences.
- Contribute to the global design patterns project - conceive and implement interface standards and guidelines
- Present design concepts and negotiate with stakeholders to arrive at a design that support both the business and a strong user experience.
- Conduct and/or participate in product usability tests.
- Lead design reviews. Communicate and work effectively with cross-functional team members including but not limited to sales, marketing, product managers, project managers and software engineers.
- Provide mentoring and education on user experience, as needed.
- Lead team of designers, technical writers and web developers on large-scale design efforts.
- Provide direction for other product designers while evangelising usability, simplicity and high quality design.
- Offer support and advice to stakeholders on prioritization and product strategy.
- Stay current on trends and best practices in user experience field.
- 6 - 8+ years’ experience in a commercial software product company.
- BA/BS or advanced degree preferred in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Cognitive Psychology, or a related field or demonstrated comparable experience designing commercial software products.
- Mastery of user centered design principles and practices.
- Mastery of interaction design and information architecture disciplines, creating wireframes, site maps, user workflows, and prototypes.
- Experience with various UX research methods, including usability testing
- Experience working within agile frameworks
- Experience working on large-scale complex web based applications (RIA)
- Innovative, creative problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of software development process.
- Self-starter that is able to work both independently as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
- Excellent organisation skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes in project priorities.
- Knowledge of international and accessibility design considerations.
- Ability to work independently, without direction or supervision.
- Awareness of trends and best practices in the information development field
Proficiency in visual design.
Proficiency with Axure RP, Balsamiq, or Visio, Adobe Creative Suite.
Our brilliant, high-tech team is redefining how 30 million professionals use our information. Want to join them?