Accounts Junior / Outsourcing Assistant - Top50 Firm to £26,000
5 days left
- Full Time
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a growing Top50 Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Client Outsourcing Assistant to join their team in Watford. Reporting to the Practice Manager, the role would ideally suit a part-qualified ACCA or qualified AAT professional from a Top100 or highly recognisable Regional Accountancy practice. You will be working with a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start-ups to larger corporate groups. As part of the in-house team on cloud based accounting software, key duties include:
• Providing support on accounting systems to the outsourcing team and external clients
• Implementing and migrating client data to new cloud-based software packages
• Supporting clients and colleagues, taking the lead on researching new technological developments and implementing system upgrades for clients in varied sectors.
• Checking data integrity of parallel monthly and quarterly management accounts for clients moving to the cloud system
• Visiting client offices to undertake onsite software analysis and provide recommendations
• Ensuring that post-implementation, clients are happy with the new cloud accounting system, addressing any concerns or further training needs
• Assisting with the preparation of financial statements including statutory accounts, partnership accounts and some sole trader accounts
• Providing advice to clients on future changes following accounting/payroll legislation, ensuring a smooth system upgrade process takes place
• Ensuring the quality of systems work completed is agreed upfront in relation to both cost and timescale
To be considered for the role you should be seeking a firm where wider responsibilities, personal ownership and a broader client base will be made available to you, and certification from computerised accounting packages (eg Sage, Receipt Bank and Xero Accounts) would be a distinct advantage. You should have an in-depth knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping and accounting fundamentals, be able to work on your own initiative, be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment and small close-knit team.
On offer is a salary up to £26,000 + excellent benefits including 23 days holiday, pension & healthcare scheme. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.