7 days left
- Full Time
Sussex Recruitment is helping our client to fill their vacancy for a Purchase manager. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience in the similar role with supervisory/management training and experience. In addition candidates with one year buying experience without supervisory level could also be considered.
Purpose of the job:
- Manage the buying team
- Obtain Products as best value for the company
- To motivate, mentor, coach and develop buyers
- To adapt purchasing tactics and skills to compete in a changing mature market where prime focus is price and orders delivered on time in full
- Working with other departments, especially sales and the warehouse to ensure smooth communications and good teamwork
- To manage the buyers including all aspects of performance, buying products at the best price
- To manage stock levels and order lead times within set Targets - balance stock levels against back orders
- Recruitment and replacement of personnel
- Generate annual appraisals and training/development plans for team
- Coach, mentor and develop each person - monthly 1-1 review to develop a well-motivated, capable and focussed team.
- To analyse the product/customer mix and put forward proposals to reduce cost or increase sales/margin
- Produce monthly Management information for management team which aids decision making and helps manage performance
- Identify processing gains for buying which deliver an improved customer experience
- Manage performance of suppliers - replacing poor performers
- Manage all aspects of stock file
- Make efficiencies and improvements within the department
We endeavour to respond to all applications; however, due to the large volume this isn’t always possible. If you haven't heard from us within seven days, please assume you have not been successful for this particular role. Thank you for your interest and please continue to look at our website for future opportunities.