Exhibition Sales Executive
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
The CIPD Conference, Events & Exhibitions team are looking for an Exhibitions Sales Executive to sell exhibition stand space across CIPD exhibitions to meet agreed financial targets and deadlines.
Within this role you will work closely with the Commercial Manager to maximise revenue opportunities across all the shows in the portfolio.
Key responsibilities -
- Maximise sales of exhibition stand space across all CIPD exhibitions according to set targets and deadlines
- Qualify and progress incoming sales enquiries efficiently, ensuring prompt and accurate follow up on each enquiry, ensuring first class customer care at each stage of the process, from initial enquiry through to post event communication
- Be present on-site at all shows, ensuring high-levels of customer service to exhibitors, visitors and delegates at all times and maximising exhibitor onsite rebook sales
- Provide support to the Commercial Manager: Conferences, Events and Exhibitions by proposing improvements to existing shows and contributing to sales plan objectives and key account management activity
- Aid the Commercial Manager: Conferences, Events and Exhibitions to coach, mentor and develop other Exhibition Sales Executives
- Support the Commercial Manager: Conferences, Events and Exhibitions with sponsorship across the Conferences, Events and Exhibitions portfolio. Targets to be set on an annual basis
- Provide outbound calling for any direct mail, corporate visit or follow up when required
- Increase retention levels and increase the average spend levels through pro-active selling, to meet the business needs of these clients
- Ensure that all contracts are completed accurately, and that sales data and floor plans are accurate and up to date
- Source new business from trade press, rival media, internet research and competing events
Knowledge, skills & experience -
- Have a pro-active approach to selling, in order to meet financial targets by finding and developing new business as well as developing repeat business from existing and lapsed customers
- Confident and comfortable to embark on face-to-face meetings to achieve sales
- Ability to source and close new business both face to face and over the telephone
- Able to manage own pipeline
- Able to source, manage and contract sales revenue to hit sales targets
- Develop new ideas to increase revenue through new sales activity: production of sales letters, sales brochure, competitive event strategy, overall new business generation
- Maintain contact management systems and databases to agreed standards and will be expected to work to individual sales plans in relation to all the shows
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free two-course lunch and flexible working hours.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click APPLY.
CIPD: valuing everyone as an individual!
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible