Head of Sponsorship & Conference Sales
4 days left
- Full Time
This dynamic international recruitment business is looking to recruit a Commercial Director for its growing talent attraction brand.
Created in 2014 this new brand focuses on thought leadership events which is a key part of the company’s commitment to lead the talent agenda in emerging markets This includes online and offline events and publications in various formats designed to promote debate and discussion around the big topics in human capital excellence.
The role of the Commercial Director is to secure blue chip partners for major human capital conferences across Africa. You will design agreements, make connections and close deals to ensure that outstanding sponsors are supporting and getting great value from the continent’s leading discussions on talent.
What’s in it for you?
- You will make an impact every day, both on the market and on the business and you will deliver the key revenue stream for the brand.
- You will get a challenge, because they work in the world’s fastest growing markets, getting the attention of the top 500 companies at senior levels.
- You’ll get autonomy, with the space to try things out and work in your own way.
- You will progress quickly, joining a growing team at an early stage.
- You will get the chance to innovate, with new markets and new events on the table every day.
- You will be part of a mission that matters, driving organisations across Africa to fix the talent gap, and crack the solution to realising Africa’s potential.
- You will be rewarded, with a highly competitive base salary, uncapped commission and a stake in the company.
What skills do you bring?
- You have 3+ years’ experience hitting targets in a conference and exhibitions sales environment, seeing opportunity, building networks, creating wins for everyone, negotiating and closing with tenacity at a senior level.
- You understand the importance of relationships in business, creating new ones, growing existing ones and ensuring we protect them by exceeding expectations.
- You are a born communicator, who gets their message across effectively when they speak and write.
- You can sense opportunity, design and develop propositions to create revenue streams.
- You can do the detail, understanding the value of research and the importance of accuracy in convincing senior decision makers.
- You can bring accuracy and discipline to sales reporting and management.
- You know Africa, or you are passionate to know it better.
- Ability to speak French fluently would be an advantage
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a proven track record in sponsorship/conference/exhibitions sales who is used to hitting big targets and who wants to take their career to the next level. Uncapped bonus with the opportunity to earn over 100k in the 1st year. Share options are also available.