General Ledger Lead
6 days left
- Full Time
Staples UK Ltd are looking for an experienced General Ledger Lead to look after the Staples Advantage and Online functions. The successful applicant must be fully qualified, have at least 5 years experience in a similar role and familiar with SAP and Oracle Systems. Salary competitive plus benefits inc Health Care and Pension.
To Own the US GAAP and UK GAAP accounts and ensure compliance with the local regulations & requirements for the Advantage and Online channels including monthly US GAAP closing and annual statutory closing. To manage all external and internal audits, statutory accounts, intercompany positions, corporate and indirect tax for Advantage.
- Managing, supervising, coaching and developing the team of financial accountants and assistant accountants in the Advantage and Online Accounting Team.
- Manage the month end close process for Advantage and Online, ensuring all accounting is completed to strict deadlines. Liaise with Advantage and Online FP&A Managers to ensure results are communicated and issues resolved prior to submission of results.
- Responsibility for ensuring all month end reporting requirements are met to Europe & US.
- Detailed review of GRNI and GSNI accounts working with SAP competency centre to ensure no clearing issues.
- Manage all Advantage and Online salary recharges and European cross charges including intercompany interest and royalties.
- Ensure accurate balance sheet reconciliations are performed monthly and submitted on a timely basis for all Advantage and Online GL accounts. Review of all GL account recs and follow up on outstanding, aged and reconciling items.
- Execute payment approvals for all Advantage and Online payments.
- Responsibility for managing SOX audits and ensuring all SOX procedures notes are up to date.
- Manage the year-end audit, statutory accounts filings and corporation tax work for Advantage and Online in cooperation with Ernst & Young and PWC.
- Manage all indirect tax and corporate governance requirements for Advantage and Online (VAT, Carbon Reduction Commitment, WEEE Regulations, Waste & Packaging regulations).
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and UK GAAP accounting
- At least 5 years experience of managing teams of part/qualified accountants
- Experience in SAP essential and Oracle (preferred)
- Experience of Indirect tax and Employee tax issues
- Hard working, self motivated and able to work under pressure
- A confident and organised individual with strong analytical skills
- Experience of influencing others including those in senior roles
- Able to communicate at all levels