Futurecity is a multidisciplinary cultural agency working in the built environment sector in the field of culture-driven placemaking and regeneration. Our Clients are primarily property developers and infrastructure companies for whom we develop cultural master plans and strategies, alongside delivering art commissions and cultural projects within the public realm.
We are now looking for a Financial Controller to join our creative team to work in our London office located in Farringdon. The Financial Controller should take full ownership for the UK Finance function, reporting directly into the Managing Director. This is a hands on role and the ideal candidate will be a fully qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA Financial Controller responsible for the accounting, reporting, analysis of financial results, forecasting and financial control for the business operations. With working knowledge of how to collate, summarise and evaluate information with a view to reporting back to the Company's Senior Project Managers, Departmental Heads and Directors on feasibility, efficiency and performance, you should have previous post-qualification experience working as a Financial Controller or Project Accountant within a similar sector such as design agency, architects practice or project driven design consultancy and have experience of working with project management systems.
The Financial Controller will have strategic input into business growth and will be responsible for the delivery of a proactive commercial and management accounting function. You will be responsible for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances and providing reports, ensuring that all projects have financial control and that invoices to clients are raised and paid in a timely manner. You will play an active role in managing the company's finances, as well as offering commercial insight for future projects. This is a standalone position but you will have support from an external accounting advisor where necessary.
As Futurecity has international offices, your familiarity of working across countries and timelines will be invaluable.
Responsibilities to include:
- Working with the Senior Project Managers and Departmental Heads on tenders, fee proposals and competition/bid-related matters to ensure that the pricing of work is in line with charge-out rates providing company financials, insurances and warranties for this purpose
- Accurate and timely monthly closing of financial statements, monthly management accounts and management reporting of results of operations including analysis of results
- Financial planning: annual operating plan, quarterly financial forecasting within the framework of the Company planning and forecasting process, setting and producing yearly budgets/forecasts and review of risk, mitigation and opportunities.
- Reporting to senior management on (i) project profitability; (ii) any opportunities for additional billing; (iii) remaining funds available for projects; (iv) any other relevant matters
- Inter-company reconciliations
- Manage Group cash flow and forecasting
- Completion of all company statutory compliance, including VAT Returns
- Processing payroll run in conjunction with HR
In addition to the above experience, you will have advanced knowledge of Xero Accounting software and be PC and Mac literate. You will possess demonstrable management & leadership experience and have proficient communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
If you meet our essential criteria and are interested in a role in a creative company, please click apply now.