Health & Safety Manager - Construction
3 days left
- Full Time
A growing construction company based in SW London are looking to expand their fast growing dynamic team with the addition of a H&S Manager.
Working with private and commercial clients to deliver bespoke projects to the high-end residential market, this job is a great opportunity to join a forward-thinking organisation that is well respected in the industry on permanent basis and become a key member of the team.
The job would suit an ambitious administrator, ideally with a good knowledge of health & safety and construction or a keen willingness to learn. Safety qualifications would be advantageous but not essential as all training and full support would be provided. A strong work ethic and desire to make a difference is essential.
Essential Skills and Attributes
• Pro-active and well organised.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
• Able to work independently and take ownership of assigned responsibilities.
• Confident compiling paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
Advantageous Qualifications & Experienced
• Health and Safety qualification, NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
• Construction or Construction Administration experience.
• Membership to the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
• Management Systems experience e.g. ISO 9001 & ISO 14001.
• Knowledge of CHAS and other SSIP standards.
Main Job Functions
• Provide support to the construction team by:
o Updating and co-ordinating safety documentation e.g. Construction Phase Plans, Risk
Assessments and Method Statements.
o Checking Pre-Construction documentation is complete and received.
o Controlling the H&S Files at the end of projects.
o Arranging and tracking training requirements including CSCS cards.
o Implementing, arranging and tracking a health surveillance programme.
o Arranging and tracking plant and equipment maintenance including 6 monthly PAT
testing on sites.
o Tracking and reporting to the Construction Director on HAV Exposure, Noise Exposure,
safety inspections, audits, toolbox talks and accidents.
o Ensure new staff are inducted.
o Purchase, issue and track PPE, fire protection equipment and first aid kits on sites.
• Implement and maintain the H&S aspect of the sub-contractor management database so all key
documents are tacked and renewed where necessary e.g. CHAS.
• Manage, promote and engage with the Considerate Constructors Scheme.
• Working with the H&S Team to ensure actions are completed and followed up where identified.
• Provide input at team meetings.
• Carry out other tasks as directed by the Construction Director and liaising with and building a
direct relationship with our Health and Safety Consultants.
Working Hours/Special Requirements
• 45 hours per week or as required to complete the job function.
• 22 days holiday per year in addition to statuary holidays
• Office and Site Based (Central London)