We have an excellent opportunity for a Sourcing Manager based in Eastleigh. You'll be professional, committed and commercial, with the relevant experience to understand and translate business needs into commercial requirements that can be used to source strategic suppliers from the market.
Working at Aviva means becoming part of company with a global reputation and an exciting vision that puts the customer at the heart of all we do. Within UK Health, our ambition is to fundamentally transform the way health insurance is delivered, ensuring our customers have access to the best possible care. To support our transformation, we are seeking key individuals that share our ambition and want to play a major role in helping us shape how we work with our suppliers, and hospitals.
Our Procurement and Outsourcing function procures and manages third party suppliers on behalf of the UK Health business, ensuring that Aviva is protected against commercial, operational and regulatory risk whilst driving significant value for Aviva and our customers.
Working within Aviva UK Health your role will be to implement a standard approach to the sourcing, on-boarding and management of our third party suppliers, including those associated with our international healthcare business. You'll ensure that all third party suppliers are sourced and contracted appropriately, in accordance with Aviva Group Standards.
You'll need to develop good relationships across the business, using your knowledge and expertise to influence stakeholders and gain support. Experience of supporting and coaching colleagues and business peers in the adoption of best practice procurement processes and methodologies will be an advantage.
You'll have an excellent understanding and appreciation of the principles of the sourcing life cycle and be able to demonstrate its relevance to interested stakeholders and the wider business, considering core business imperatives, for example delivering customer focus / excellence, and relate them to own sourcing practice and decisions.
As a Sourcing Manager you will:
- Lead, and manage the supplier selection process including tendering activity in line with the Aviva Supplier Management Framework and Procurement and Outsourcing standard;
- Create an over-arching pipeline/plan of souring activity across UK Health that enables effective management of demand and planning of relevant resource;
- Have a clear appreciation of sourcing contract issues and considerations and ensure contracts are robust and commercially and legally sound;
- Use procurement subject matter expertise to advise on key supplier targets and principles for risk management and exit strategies;
- Promote and utilise industry best practices tools and techniques for third party supplier agreements;
- Be able to identify and deliver cost savings with further opportunities identified to ensure that Aviva achieves optimum value for money;
- Have a good understanding of the private healthcare market and products to underpin optimal third party supplier agreements;
- Understand the private healthcare supply market to support optimal third party supplier agreements;
- Understand private medical insurance competitor activity with particular focus on competitor supply chain activity; and
- Be seen as an effective enabler for delivery of Aviva UK Health business strategies.
To succeed in this role, your skills and experience will include:
- Extensive procurement experience ideally with leadership and coaching experience;
- Experience of working in a financial services procurement function with experience of supplier relationship management (important and strategic supply);
- Experience of E2E Procurement processes and lifecycle;
- Experience of working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders with the ability to build relationships and influence outcomes;
- Ability to engage at all levels in the organisation;
- Strong contract/legal awareness and contract drafting skills;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Previous experience of working within healthcare (private or NHS);
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Educated to 'A' Level standard;
- Hold or working towards a professional recognised industry qualification e.g. CIPS; and
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Dawn Rudrum in the Resourcing team on . (strictly no agencies)