Operations Internship - £17K - Tech Start-up - London
A London based tech start up providing local logistics as a service enabling retailers to offer same day or future date deliveries in one hour time slots, taking the pain out of managing deliveries for retailers by connecting them with local, freelance couriers. The app provides live tracking and state of the art security features to ensure ultimate peace of mind. Having already managed tens of thousands of deliveries, the company works with household name retailers and expanding into new sectors.
This is a 6 month internship with the view to lead to a permanent position. Salary during the internship is £17k and will increase to £20k-£25k after successful completion.
How you can expect to spend your day;
The primary role of the Operations Intern is to directly work with retail partners (customer support) and couriers (co-ordination and supply balancing) on a day-to-day basis providing support, fulfilling requests live, and ensuring the highest quality experience for our retail partners and their customers.
Your role will include:
• Freelance courier supply management
• Contributing to operations-specific areas of operational strategy and planning
• Balancing freelance courier availabilities to match demand whilst maintaining efficiency
• Supporting and providing input from the operations standpoint on commercial projects /trials
• Optimizing operations through innovation and process development
• Engaging with freelance couriers to understand issues and improve performance and satisfaction
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications;
The ideal candidate is very organised and genuinely thrives in an extremely high pressure environment. The ideal candidate is also personable, loves the retail industry and is highly methodical with strong commercial acumen combined.
• Exceptional communication skills
• Must love providing excellent customer service and going the extra mile
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis
• Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty
• Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and a keen eye for data
• Degree or equivalent academic qualifications
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• Competitive salary (negotiable based on experience)
• Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup disrupting the logistics landscape