Exalogic Administrator Senior in Unix/Linux Team - Retail Co.
3 days left
- Full Time
Exalogic Administrator (Senior) in UNIX/Linux Team - Retail Giant! My prestigious retail client is looking for a senior Exalogic administrator due to a new Oracle ecommerce implementation project into our highly prestigious and central London based retailer. This will be a 12 month fixed term assignment where they may be options for extensions or other opportunities in the after the initial term. You will be working in a team of around 10 strong currently. The overall IT department is over 1300 strong in personnel so this is a hugely enterprise (100,000+ employees) environment and a very stimulating technical stack.
You will be supporting our client's .com estate - under pinning tech behind the website itself. This is a 'household name' and a multi £million site. Along with this you will also be supporting many in house systems, covering warehouse distribution, printing labels and an array of off-the-shelf applications.
Core skills required:
- Have excellent in depth technical knowledge of Oracle Exalogic Systems Administration
- Experience of Oracle Exadata / Engineered Systems Administration
- Support, maintain & enhance the Partnership infrastructure, ensuring team SLA & OLA compliance
- Mentor, support and coach other members of the team
- Be accountable for incident, problem & change management
- Experience of Oracle Exalogic
- Hands on technical experience of Oracle VM. Or other comparable virtualisation platforms.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Experience of SUSE 11/ Oracle Linux 7 and IBM Power running AIX 5.3 - 7.1
- Experience of AIX Network Installation Manager (NIM) for installation, customisation and maintenance
- Understanding of PowerVM and Virtual I/O Server.
- Exposure to VMware ESXi and vSphere
- Basic understanding of networking concepts - DNS, load balancing, IP firewalls.
- Scripting using ksh, bash, perl. Others considered.
- Installation and Configuration Management using KickStart, AutoYaST, Ansible, Foreman and Puppet. Or other comparable technologies.
- Excellent experience on producing highly available solutions, maintaining consistency of environments and standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- ITIL v3 foundation or above and considerable experience of working in an ITIL environment.
- Understanding and extensive use of one or more IT Service Management toolsets.
Desirable experience, skills and qualifications
- Understanding of Openssl, TLS/SSL & keystore management.
- Understanding of security frameworks such as PCI-DSS and data protection requirements.
- ExperiencewithMiddleware / Database technologies such as:
- Oracle Weblogic
- Oracle Database
Although this is a 12 month fixed term contract you will be entitled to all of our client's benefits including but not limited to:
- Bonus 15%+ (pro rata)
- Generous Pension
- Generous discounts from the retailer
- 25 days hols + 1 day for Christmas shopping
- Discounted holidays
- Many more too many to list here!
Exalogic Administrator (Senior) in UNIX/Linux Team - Retail Giant