Accounting Software Implementation / Trainer
Accounting Software Implementation / Trainer - Education Sector
Home Based and on client site - Most clients are based in London
Salary: - Basic up to £40k
Our client is a Software house specialising in Accounting Software for the Education Industry. They are now looking for a Consultant where you will be a trusted advisor to Business Managers and Finance staff in schools and academies providing outstanding end user training on their web based software solutions and providing ad hoc consultancy services. You will have a passion for education finance and for delivering innovative solutions to the Education Sector.
As a Consultant you spend the majority of your time working in schools and academies to implement and train on our suite of products mainly focused on the delivery of our new Accounting software - launching in September 2016. In addition you will provide supporting Consultancy services to school and academies covering a range of bursarial services.. It is also expected that you will contribute to the continued improvement of our software and services to ensure our customers remain at the heart of everything we do with involvement in user groups, focus groups and product management groups. The role will include:
- Delivery of financial consultancy and bursarial services to schools and academies against defined requirements, e.g. preparation of the budget, budget monitoring and forecasting, completion of financial returns, year-end closedown, etc.
- Participate in consultancy project work , e.g. deficit recovery, financial procedures manual customisation, etc.
- Deliver software training to individuals and groups.
- Participate in the delivery of software demonstrations as requested.
- Participate in the delivery of training courses.
- Ensure accurate visit reports are completed in a timely manner and CRM database is updated.
- Participate in the quality system and effectively apply the company’s procedures, policies and practices.
- Become an expert in the products you work with. This is a fast paced portfolio of products so although training will be given you must be passionate about the product and take personal responsibility to familiarize yourself with the software.
- Understand the product portfolios within and understand where each product sits.
- Responding to ITTs
- Exceeding customer expectations and having a passion for service excellence
- Develop key customer relationships, hold customer focus groups
- Maintain awareness of technology and legislative updates.
Key experience & skills required:
- Positive, can-do attitude. You have a burning desire to help customers and organizations thrive on our technology and service solutions.
- Strong presence and demonstrated ability to build, extend and maintain client relationships
- Strong customer focus behaviours, results driven, dynamic, adaptable and a proactive attitude
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Ability to influence others in a multi-matrixed team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working with all levels of client up to and including board level
- Collaborative and consultative work style
- Flexibility for travel. This is a road based role where between 60% and 75% of your time could be spent at customer sites.
- Degree in Finance/Accountancy or other relevant qualification. Or otherwise qualified by more than 5 years’ demonstrable experience in an Education Finance role.
- Proven effectiveness at leading and facilitating management meetings and workshops
- Project management experience
- Competency to drive results; collaboration; influencing for impact; adaptability; judgment; customer focus
- Experience in education finance, e.g. as a bursar, business manager or within a local authority finance department.
- Ability to confidently and effectively present to and train others.
- Ability to develop excellent customer relationships in a cost effective manner.
- Commitment to self-development and personal growth.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Able and comfortable working as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build rapport and trust.