Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
House Builder - New Build - Residential - £5-70m - Senior Quantity Surveyor
A privately-owned regional house builder who brings stunning homes to London and the South East are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their award winning team of professionals in Leatherhead, Surrey. This organisation takes pride in building attractive homes in desirable locations enhancing building communities.
They are looking for an experienced Senior who has previous experience of running multiple projects with high units at another well represented house-builder. They also need to have the experience of running their own team with a vision of longevity and progression ahead of them.
Role: Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Determination of the Cost Plan for the developments in cooperation with their peers, incorporating known and perceived risk factors to the project.
- Preparation of the input to the Purchase Appraisal and coordination and preparation of the phased Commencement appraisal.
- Liaison with the technical team and consultants so as to provide continuous value engineering of design concepts and proposals
- Monitoring changes so as to continuously identify the status of costs
- To establish subcontract sources early in the programme so that they can contribute to the design in terms of value engineering.
- Ensure procurement of all subcontract elements of the development are completed in accordance with the company requirements and sustainability objectives.
- Prepare detailed schedules of directly purchased materials in liaison with the development team.
- Develop robust and inclusive definitions of the scope of the works
- Maintain cost reporting systems in line with Company procedures.
- To ensure the health and safety status of contractors is up to date
- To directly manage the surveying function on assigned developments
- Minimum 6 years' experience
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks, including support role to other members of the team
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- Highly IT literate, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Valid Driving Licence
- Appropriate CSCS card
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey
Projects: New Build
Salary: £65,000-£75,000 + Package
If you are a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor, looking at your career options, then please contact Sam Patuzzo at Brandon James.
Senior Quantity Surveyor/Residential/House Builder/Leatherhead