1st Line Support Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a 1st Line Support Service Desk Engineer to work on a 6-9 Month Contract basis on behalf of our client an established and successful IT solutions company based near Farnham, Surrey. They offer high-quality, innovative outsourced IT services, including software application development, to a loyal and established client-base within the SME marketplace in and around the Farnham area and across the South East.
1st Line Support Service Desk Engineer to join their busy team. In this varied role, you will be involved in phone, email and on-site support and management of existing networks.
Key areas of support will include:
- Active Directories - Permissions, Passwords and Account Management
- MS Office - Versions 2007 - 2016
- Windows Operating Systems - Windows 7 through to 10
- Network Support, Printer Support and Telephony/Telecoms Support
- Antivirus Support
- Backup Support Experience: Previous experience working in a 1st and 2nd line role essential.
- Previous experience working with MS exchange Servers and Routers and Firewalls preferable but not essential
- Resolve 1st line calls as appropriate and depending on experience, ensuring that the call is closed accurately and efficiently
- Manage incoming support requests via the support system, telephone and e-mail and deal with such requests in a timely manner to completion
- To provide consistent and prompt IT support and guidance to a high standard for all internal and remote users within the business, keeping them informed of progress in the event of issues not being resolved immediately
Other key strengths required include:
Good attention to detail, consistency, interpersonal skills, ability to work unsupervised & under pressure, self-confidence, analysis, numeracy & literacy, prioritisation, a positive, professional & proactive approach.
Required: O’ level/GCSE Maths & English MCSA or equivalent or part thereof
37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)