Site Manager (UKPN)
Location: London UKPN Sites
Salary : Up to £48,000 (depending on experience) + Benefits
Main Purpose of Job
To manage, monitor and resource the contracts, for which responsibility has been given, to maximise output, profit and control costs, in accordance with pre-determined Health, Safety and Environment regulations. Maintain quality workmanship of the jobs in progress, and demonstrate an understanding of all aspects of the activities.
The post holder will be responsible to the Contracts Manager, or immediate Line Manager.
The post holder will be responsible for a number of members of supporting staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This will include the management and resourcing of Construction Contracts to maximise the profit and control costs by:
- Developing good working relationships and close liaison with clients and project team members.
- Dealing with variations and valuations (submissions and settlements).
- Handling health, safety and environment issues.
- Handling human resources issues, including staff training.
- Dealing with customer care issues.
- Maintaining a high standard of quality work.
- Overseeing overtime, petty cash and wages payments.
- Carrying out pre, current and post programme/contract management.
- Monitoring overall company performance.
- This list is not inclusive or exhaustive and other management duties will be expected.
- Set a good example to all employees.
- Lead and manage all Health & Safety issues.
- Be pro-active in developing new systems to meet changing departmental needs.
Skills and Knowledge
- In depth experience of management of construction projects.
- Technical construction knowledge.
- Good contract form awareness.
- Ability to analyse problems and offer solutions.
- Commercial awareness and understanding.
- Leadership and responsibility.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to manage people and resources to reach the successful completion of the projects for which the post holder is responsible.
- Consistently identify and manage Health and Safety issues to provide a safe place of work for at all times.
- Ability to assist with presentations and participate in other marketing events on behalf of the Company.
- Ability to provide tendering and estimating functions.
- Good communicator.
- Computer literate.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Experience of managing construction contracts.
- Minimum of 4-years relevant experience at junior management level in the industry.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to motivate people to reach common goals.
- Be well presented when dealing with clients.
- Good negotiator.
- Good team player.
- Holder of a relevant professional or vocational qualification.
- Able to commit to the concept that Health, Safety and Environment are the number one priority for the Organisation and the individual.
- Able to commit to the concept of Equal Opportunity in employment.