Payroll Assistant - North London
- Amazing opportunity to work in a rapidly growing accountancy practice based in North London.
- A great chance to broaden your career in Payroll.
- Fantastic opportunity to work in an established 3 partner practice!
My client is an established chartered accountancy firm which is based in the North London area and are looking for a Payroll Assistant to strengthen their team.
Roles and Responsibilities for the Payroll Assistant
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The ideal candidate for the Semi Senior/Senior accountant will be
- Have a desire to learn with an attention to detail and thoroughness.
- At least 1 year experience in Practice.
- Passionate about learning and eager to take on responsibilities.
- Dynamic, with excellent communication skills.
What's on offer?
£16,000 - £23,000.