IT Support Technician
4 days left
- Full Time
Reporting directly to the Network Manager you will be responsible for providing IT support, administration and maintenance of the network infrastructure. This includes servers, switches, computers, printers, telephones as well as being the point of contact for user support issues.
Whilst part of a team, you will be responsible for the smooth day-to-day operation of technology within the business with the support of the Network Manager and System Analyst.
You need to be a self-starter and proactive in the way you manage your work. We are always looking at ways to improve the system so having the initiative to identify issues and provide solutions is a key part of this role.
The role is for 37 hours a week, however every month you will be required to perform network maintenance tasks such as rolling out updates.
Your key areas of work will involve:
- Providing IT support to all users and peripherals within the business.
- Maintain & protect IT assets, maintain accurate asset registers for all hardware and software owned by the business
- Work to and create your own work to list
- Sophos Anti-Virus and Windows update (WSUS) administration
- Management of the client deployment system MDT and WDS (Windows 7 and Windows 8.1)
- Procurement of client hardware and printers
- Ensuring backups are successful and troubleshooting issues
- Updating servers and switches when required.
- Liaising with the Network Manager to ensure tasks and changes are completed in accordance with policies & procedures.
Ideally you will have experience in the following areas:
- Ideally you will have at least 2 years experience in an IT support role and 1 years experience with server and networks administration
- A relevant degree and or appropriate qualifications.
- Administration of Active directory and Group policy
- A understanding of TCP/IP and standard network protocols
- Experience managing and maintaining a virtual server infrastructure (Hyper-V)
- Experience managing and maintaining a Microsoft Windows Desktop environment (Windows 7 and Windows 8.1)
- Experience with WSUS, MDT and WDS
- Managing the AVAYA phone system