My client based in Huntingdon is currently looking for a Purchaser/ Estimator to join their team on a full time permanent basis. You will help to source the best products in the best way for the best price possible. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Estimator/ Buyer provides costings/prices for customer enquiries based on own research and historic data; Aiming to create and source the best quality product, at the best price to be delivered at the best time in the best way for the customer and the company; as well as sourcing items for both current and future orders. This position encompasses aspects of both the Purchasing and Sales functions and includes the following:
· Product sourcing (through research)
· Answering and liasing with customers via the sales team
· Creation of sales orders for internal sending/transport of stock
Main duties :
· Resource investigation to focus in on exact requirements from the customer and working hard to source rare products.
· Respond to the Sales team and customer questions in a timely manner
· Specification / description disemination and matching
· Product sourcing
· Establishing and maintaining supplier rapport and relationships
· To obtain supplier quotations / information for the potential purchasing/ manufacture of product
· Liasing with all internal department on various issues including feasibility of production, transport costs, and product quality.
· Creation of sales costings from purchasing quotations- for use by the sales team to quote the customer
· Place purchase orders as necessary and liaise with both the supplier and the Sales group to ensure that orders are fulfilled as promptly and accurately as possible
· To process supplier responses received by email, phone, fax and letter.
· To ensure that all relevant information required for the processing of an enquiry.
· Organising own workload and time
· Continuous self development and product knowledge learning
· The identification of potential new suppliers
· To assist in the sourcing of materials for Company catalogue and non-catalogue products.
· To develop and improve relationships between the Company and existing or potential suppliers.
· To be a proactive member of the Purchasing Group.
· To investigate, efficiently respond to, and record any issues arising with suppliers.
· To identify new opportunities through existing and potential suppliers.
· To note up-to-date information on current suppliers and their pricing/delivery policies
If you have the skills and experience listed above please send your CV to