Category Manager - Indirect Services
Location: High Wycombe
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 plus £7,800 car allowance, bonus and benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global FMCG organization within their TUKI Indirect Services team. The key focus of the role will be on driving commercial value and performance from new and existing suppliers with the Indirect Services area. The role is broad with significant opportunity to extend both the scope and the reach. The role requires a best in class approach to category management with an entrepreneurial approach to working with and influencing stakeholders
Candidate should have previous experience of Indirect Spend purchasing gained within a professional environment.
• Manage existing service deals, with focus on continuous improvement and development of long term category strategies.
• Review of opportunity analysis, using stakeholder feedback and robust benefit calculation for prioritising new and existing project delivery.
• Analysis of spend to allow more effective spend, with clear focus on total cost of ownership, quality & service.
• Continuous improvement and uptake strategies with all suppliers, leading quarterly reviews with clear targets and KPIs
• Development of reporting tools, allowing for gap and spend analysis, performance measurement, etc.
• Collaborate at a regional and global level on opportunities to leverage scale.
• Continuous monitoring of wider market trends to innovate, promote best practice and ensure commercial advantage.
Qualifications, skills and knowledge:
• Graduate with CIPS or studying for CIPS (MCIPS Qualification would be beneficial)
• Indirect Spend purchasing experience gained within a professional environment
• Good understanding and appreciation of professional procurement with a focus on supplier relationship management
• Experience of negotiating and managing service contracts
• Previous experience of analysing and using data to drive supplier facing projects
• Experience of working cross-functionally to deliver improvement projects on-time and within budget (desirable, but not essential)
• Initiative: hands-on approach with the ability to think laterally to resolve issues/problems;