Senior Account Manager (International - Private Medical Insurance)
Aetna International is a leading provider of international expatriate private medical insurance and health management solutions. We have over 1100 staff in 18 locations around the world and growing every day. Our customer base is over 700,000 members located worldwide; and we have more than 1,100,000 health care professionals and facilities worldwide in the offices in all the major regions of the world.
There is an opening to join a leading global International Insurance company as a Senior Account manager, handling key accounts managed through our key intermediary partners within the UK & Europe.
The Portfolio is made up of age rated and blended pricing contracts ranging from $100k-$1m in premium with membership based in worldwide locations. This role involves working closely with Intermediaries and client decision makers to advise, retain and grow your portfolio alongside a busy successful growing team including a Sales support resource.
Responsibilities of the role
- Meets renewal and profitability objectives for activity managed within this channel/team.
- Main point of contact, dedicated day to day Account Management.
- Quarterly business reviews utilization reports and sharing financial data.
- Regularly meeting and maintaining relationships with Intermediaries and clients - Field based.
- Negotiating terms and working closely with underwriting functions.
- Delivers organized, polished presentations of solutions, with clear business case driven benefits to the business
- International legislation and regulation support to Intermediaries and clients.
- Attending and supporting Sales presentations when competing for new business.
- Maintains sales data and required information within prescribed software packages.
- Responsible for reporting on MI.
- To take responsibility to always actively treat customers fairly (TCF) and support/ drive any TCF initiative
- Liaising with Legal compliance and Customer service and support teams.
Experience and background desired
- Extensive financial services industry experience and a proven track record managing large accounts working within an insurance provider either within a corporate partnership, business development or performance marketing environment (international or domestic).
- Healthcare experience.
- Proven track record of success and delivery.
- Proven skills in account sales/strategic client development with large brokers and SME clients.
- Expert knowledge of the employee benefits space, highly beneficial to have international employee benefits knowledge
- Alevel or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in English verbal and written.
- European languages particularly Spanish, French and/or German highly beneficial.
Salary £30 - £55k , + benefits, + A market leading bonus package with great OTE