Audit Manager job within Top 10 accountancy firm in Ipswich
Hays Professional Practice are working with a global audit and advisory firm to source an Audit Manager for their busy Ipswich office.
The firm provides a wide range of audit and assurance services to private, public and international companies across various sectors, ranging from FTSE and AIM listed companies to Small Medium Sized Enterprises (SME).
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for managing a key client portfolio and building and maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients.
- Assisting the audit partner in establishing audit objectives and overall scope.
- Reviewing the work of in-charge accountants and also of office specialists (tax, risk).
- Determining that all audit reports reflect the work performed has met set reporting and auditing standards.
- Finalising draft reports to management
- Remains updated to clients' business and is the key contact for day-to-day queries.
- Follows through on any concerns regarding an audit assignment with the audit partner and manages to balance risks and commercial returns.
- Assisting in the production and presentation of proposals for new work.
- Organising and attending office marketing events, is aware of the wider range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products to address the clients' needs.
- Liaising with other departments to maximise client satisfaction.
- Plans and co-ordinates all aspects of audit planning, including staffing requirements.
- Responsible for managing audit teams on specific assignments, with specific line management responsibility for a group of staff to ensure audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives.
- Manages, motivates and coaches team members and provides feedback through regular communication and timely appraisal whilst being familiar with relevant training and development options.
- Qualified ACCA, ACA, CA, CPA, or equivalent.
- Post-qualified external audit experience from within practice.
- Have a working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Experience reviewing juniors' work and mentoring them on audit assignments
- Comfortable using Audit Software and Microsoft packages.
- Confident, out-going and have strong team work and client management skills.
If successful in this role, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package and fast track career progression within a Top firm.
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for more details.