Lloyd Recruitment Services is working with a leading B2B Publisher looking for an Editorial Assistant to join a busy magazine team. The company has a wealth of portfolios that include events, publications and digital media platforms.
To write and/or generate editorial copy whilst supporting production, design and development of publications and associated products. Attending exhibitions, conferences and other events in the UK and overseas.
- To write, sub and proof editorial copy (including news/new product information/features) to ensure the quality of production, to avoid costly mistakes, to maintain house-style, factual accuracy and objectivity and to meet deadlines.
- To progress editorial material to schedule to ensure that journals are planned for best use of space.
- To support the Editor in liaison with service departments and sales managers and sub-contractors (e.g. printers) to ensure that deadlines are met.
- To attend press visits and represent the magazine at industry events as required by the Editor for a fact-finding purpose for writing articles, to see contacts and source new ones and to take relevant photos, to raise the profile of the journal and build up industry knowledge.
- To produce copy for the website, and update website with news, diary events and show information.
- To maintain social media (Twitter and LinkedIn) profiles.
- To maintain awareness of all departmental activities and cover for colleagues in their absence.
- To suggest topics for publication and contribute ideas.
- To lay out pages (editorial copy and photography) using InDesign packages and to ensure that editorial pages are created to house-style and in a manner acceptable to the relevant industry efficiently, cost effectively and aesthetically.
- To process InDesign packages into print-ready PDFs.
Skills & Experience required for the role:
Writing/Journalism - Previous experience gained within a B2B editorial environment
Effective forward planning
Subbing & proof-reading experience
Design and layout (including competence in DTP including InDesign (Essential)
Knowledge of Photoshop (desirable)
Organised team player
A driving licence is desirable but not essential
The role will require some international travel to industry events throughout the world! (approx. 3-4 times per year)
The ideal candidate will have minimum of 18 months working within in a similar role.
In return a basic of up to £24,000 and the opportunity to progress with a well established organisation.