Travel Consultant - exciting opportunity, £21k-£24k, St Albans
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Travel Consultant to join a well established and independent company based in St Albans.
The salary is £21k-£24k depending on experience with the amazing perk of free parking in the town centre!
Our client are expanding rapidly and the right candidate will be given the opportunity to make their mark, proving their abilities and eagerness to progress, whilst contributing to the company’s continued evolution.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a customer focused environment, preferably in the travel and tourism industry. You will demonstrate a customer focused, enthusiastic approach to work with a 'can do' attitude and have the ability to put yourself in the customers' shoes.
Applicants must be happy to work to a shift pattern which includes some evening work (until 8pm) and every other weekend.
- Customer service across multiple channels including phone, email, webchat and social media
- Confirming web bookings ensuring travel docs and passenger details are correct
- Providing information on additional products or services, i.e. luggage, transfers, car hire etc.
- Communicating flight discrepancies and time changes to customers
- Resolving pre-departure complaints
- Resolving holiday cancellations and accommodation changes, sourcing suitable alternatives and communicating with customers
- Reviewing processes and pro actively suggesting improvements
- Ensuring any agreed payment plans are adhered to
- 2 years experience in customer focused role ideally within travel and tourism
- You will be a fun, enthusiastic person with a positive attitude
- Able to communicate with confidence, in an open and clear manner written and verbally across various channels
- Strong team player!
- You will be creative, imaginative and have a keen eye for the detail
- A valid, up to date passport
This is a UK office based role, but occasional overseas travel may be required to view destinations, resorts and villas mainly around the Mediterranean destinations.
Salary: £21k-£24k depending on experience with free parking available.
Please note due to the number of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.