Senior Linux Systems Administrator. CentOS. Essex
2 days left
- Full Time
Senior Linux Systems Administrator - CentOS, Unix, Scripting, AWS. Saffron Walden, Essex but relocating to Great Abington, Cambridgeshire.
Salary and Benefits include; £45-52,000, Company Equity worth about £2,500 per year, 6% bonus, 10% Pension contribution, private medical insurance, 25 days holiday.
On offer is a unique opportunity to work within an environment where people and technology truly change lives by driving advancements in life sciences.
Senior Linux Systems Administrator - Key Skills:
- 3+ years Linux systems administration experience.
- Solid CentOs Linux systems administration, configuration, optimization and monitoring.
- 3+ years Unix systems administration experience.
- Good data storage technology experience.
- Experience with scripting tools e.g. Windows Script Host (WSH), Perl or Python etc.
- Experience with automation tools e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Salt etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud-based deployment and support.
- Knowledge and experience with network protocols and services e.g. TCP/IP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP.
- MySQL experience.
- Relevant degree
- Must have good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
About the role:
Primary responsibility includes automation of implementation, support and administration of a global Linux infrastructure, on hardware and in AWS cloud.
As a Senior Linux Systems Administrator your duties will include:
- Providing support and administration for the company's Linux environment globally.
- Implementation and administration of a highly available and resilient Linux infrastructure.
- Implementing and maintaining workflow process automation scripts and procedures.
- Providing second level computer support to the internal business units.
- Ensuring continuous proactive monitoring.
- Proactively troubleshooting and optimizing network and data workflow related bottlenecks to ensure high availability and performance.
About the Company:
Human health has never been in better hands.