Senior Business Development Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
- To improve the company’s market position and achieve financial growth by sourcing and developing new business relationships; to generate and negotiate favourable new sources of revenue.
- To introduce Grange Hotels to new clients through direct communication including networking, face to face meetings, cold calling, emails, presentations, conference calls or other means of generating interest from potential clients
- To be responsible for own lead generation and appointments to achieve personal/team sales goals
- Pro-actively and successfully manage the sales process in its entirety: lead generation, credentials pitch, asking questions, solution pitch, negotiations, closing the deal and continuous account management
- To strengthen key existing customer relationships by providing support and presenting new solutions
- To represent Grange Hotels at industry events and tradeshows in a professional manner.
- To arrange and conduct regular familiarization visits with domestic and international clients to experience the hotels’ facilities.
- To create and be accountable for own commercial client proposals, contracts and any further documentation. To make all accepted rates available via the preferred channels of booking. To maintain accurate and up-to-date account of all client activities.
- To respond to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner
- To maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions and the company’s competitors
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, to identify and develop further the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- To effectively liaise with other departments - Operations, Reservations, Marketing, Partnerships, International representatives etc to ensure successful delivery of sales objectives
- To handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- To ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM system
- To demonstrate a good grasp of the company’s objectives and commercial awareness
- Must be driven, with high level of self-motivation and good attention to detail in optimizing all sales opportunities.
- Travel for business purposes may be required - UK and international
- To report as required to Director of Sales and Managing Director
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Years of experience - minimum 5 years of experience in a sales environment
- Proven success of own sales ability and demonstrable knowledge of the sales process and local market
- Confident negotiator and ability to 'close the deal’.
- Strong client management skills and ability to set and manage correctly clients’ expectations.
- Good level of statistical and analytical skills
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analyzing new business opportunities
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation in English; other languages are an advantage
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize
- A positive attitude to dealing with people - clients and colleagues; ability to work in a team
- Set an example and pass on knowledge to junior members of the business development team
- Previous experience in mentoring and building successful teams in order to foster long term customer relationships
- Capable of working independently and under pressure in a target-lead environment; must be able to manage the team in the absence of the Head of Sales
- A sound understanding of the UK and European corporate/business travel sector as well as global trends and macro environment affecting the industry and knowledge of consortia, TMCs, leading agencies and RFP process
All applicants should have the right to live and work in UK without restrictions.