Quantity Surveyor - Guildford/ Hampshire
Our client a leading UK Housing property company currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Quantity Surveyor to join, operating from the Guildford region.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects. Your focus is to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
Ideally, this would suit a candidate currently working at Quantity Surveyor level and looking for a new challenge, or an Assistant Quantity Surveyor ready for a step up into a full QS role for their career development.
Commercial & Contractual
- Analysis of tender allowances
- The measurement and valuation of works for valuations, variations and final accounts.
- Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
- Administering and/or advising on Main Contract and Subcontract conditions
Subcontract and Design Procurement
- Subcontract payments, variations and final accounts
- Submission of Cost Value Reconciliations
- Preparation of cost to complete
- Cash management and maximisation
- Cash Flow and Turnover forecast
- Provision of standard reports
- Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
Experience and Qualifications:
- You will have experience of working within the Construction industry for a main contractor, specifically on Design and Build, new build and refurbishment projects.
- You will have sound experience of working within the same, or similar role previous.
- You will be degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership).
In return our client offers a salary of up to £55,000 plus company car or car allowance with also opportunities to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
Apply now for an interview!