Job Title: Design Engineer
This role reports to the Design Manager and is to generate appropriate designs and detailed drawings which meet customer and / or research and development requirements.
- To develop detailed design specifications from written, verbal and other media.
- To generate design schemes, drawings, bills of materials, parts lists, technical manuals and other technical documentation using, but not limited to, AutoCAD, Inventor, Word, Excel etc.
- Initiate, develop and project manage as agreed, cost effective designs for manufacture.
- Develop and apply skills and knowledge associated with the Company ‘database’ tools.
- Research, specify and recommend equipment and components for use in designs.
- Participate in site visits for development, servicing, training and warranty as applicable.
- Be the technical reference for the Company, where applicable.
Skills & Experience:
Competent user of 3D Inventor
Possibly apprentice trained
Minimum academic level required:
Ideal academic level preferred: