Field Service Engineer
3 days left
- Full Time
Our client is a leading provider of installation, maintenance and after-sales support services of their bespoke products to the Pharmaceutical, Research, Education and Government sectors. They provide turnkey solutions to their prestigious client base across the UK and Ireland. They now require a Field Service Engineer to join their team at their site in Winchester. The successful candidate will travel to customer sites nationwide and carry out maintenance, repairs and ongoing technical support to a range of specialised equipment provided by our client.
Please note that due to the nature of this role, you must be flexible in your approach to work as this position involves regular travel nationwide as well as nights away from home.
Although not essential, this may be well suited to candidates coming from an (ex-military) background i.e. Army (REME), Navy (Marine Engineer) or Royal Air Force/RAF (Aircraft Technician) career are encouraged to apply, especially those with electro-mechanical engineering backgrounds.
- Carry out installation, maintenance, repair and servicing to a range of electro-mechanical equipment to our customers throughout the UK, to a range of products supplied by the company.
- Identify electro-mechanical faults and carry out repairs including; electrical and mechanical components, fluid, refrigerant and pneumatic systems, control systems etc.
- Install new components to ensure that machinery is working as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Fault find and repair down to component level using a range of testing equipment.
- Provide technical support and over the telephone to customers.
- Report any machine issues and newly encountered problems to the relevant parties as they arise.
- Provide precise, detailed technical reports / service documentation for site visits.
- Deliver effective on-site specialist technical support to customers.
- Please note you must have a flexible approach to working and travelling.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- Proven multi-skilled background with Electro-Mechanical skills are essential for this role.
- Working knowledge of control systems.
- Good diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Sound communicator.
- Excellent fault finding skills.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Flexible approach to work - willing to travel in the United Kingdom on a regular basis.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- IT Literate.
- Full driving licence.
- F Gas Qualification.
- Working knowledge of industrial refrigeration (Cascade systems).
- Salary £30,000 Per Annum.
- Company Car, Fuel Card, Private Healthcare.
- 20 days plus 8 bank holidays (Rising to 25 days with length of service).
- Mon - Thurs: 8.30am - 5pm, Fri: 8.30am - 2.30pm.
- Travel expenses paid for by client.
- Time off in lieu.
- Full training on company products.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
- Challenging and varied working environment.